With scuba diving, snorkeling, underwater rivers, archeological sites, performances and more, Xcaret can seem overwhelming. However, we have narrowed your visit to the 5 attractions you just can’t visit Xcaret without trying.
- Xcaret Mexico Espectacular - When the sun sets, 260 of Xcaret’s performers fill the Gran Tlachco stage. With an incredible mixture of music and traditional dances, they present Mexico´s history and culture. Throughout the show, you will be witness to pre-historic instruments, ancient ball games and magnificent costumes. During the winter the show runs from 6pm – 8:05pm. In the summer it starts at 7pm and goes to 9:05pm.
- Mayan Village – This reenactment of an ancient Mayan Ruin is great way to experience what everyday life of common Maya people was like. The craftsmen and weavers, dressed in traditional clothing, will show you how they carved wood sculptures of their gods and animals. Explore the architecture of the Mayan houses crafted with wood and palm leaf roofs.
- Sea Turtles - Xcaret actively works to save the endangered sea turtles. Here you can see different types of marine turtles
and learn about the efforts to conserve them as well as their treacherous journey from the sands to their native waters. Come during feeding time and see the turtles rise to the surface to get their food.
- The Underground Rivers – Explore ancient Mayan cenotes and caves as well as unique rock formations and marine fossils as you travel along Xcaret’s underground rivers. Part of a system of underground streams and river in the Yucatan, Xcaret’s waters will carry you along 2,000 feet. Rent snorkeling gear and see underwater as well. Make sure to get there early as this popular attraction can get very busy. Also be careful with children on this attraction as some of them can get scared of the enclosed space.
- Regional Wildlife Breeding Farm - Xcaret houses over 44 species of tropical birds in their Wildlife Breeding Farm. This quiet aviary will give you fantastic photos of Lilac-Crowned Amazons, Yucatan Green Parrots and other gorgeous birds.
The price for the Xcaret experience is only $99.00 for adults and $49.50 for children. And if you book Xcaret online, you will get a 10% discount.
These are only a few suggestions as there is so much more to see and do at Xcaret. Explore the beaches, natural pools, or tour the Paradise River. Scuba diving, snorkeling and a shark tour are all there for the water lovers. Xcaret’s Sea Trek lets you walk along the ocean floor. Visit the butterfly pavilion, bat cave, Orchids Greenhouse and the beautiful coral reef aquarium
What is your favorite part of visiting Xcaret?